- Clean, spacious, self-contained holiday home located in Cormack, Western Newfoundland
- 25km from Gros Morne National Park, 20km from Deer Lake, 70km from Corner Brook
The History of The Church
The Church is the original Anglican Church of Cormack. The historic building is dedicated to the pioneer women of Cormack who welcomed and befriended the overseas war brides, helping them settle into their new homes.
The first Anglican (Church of England) gatherings were held in the staff house and later in the school, with ministers coming from Deer Lake and Corner Brook to hold services. In 1947, Bishop Abraham asked parishes to donate funds to build a proper church in Cormack. Personal donations and a bank loan of $1000 were enough to buy lumber leftover from the construction of Department of Mines and Resources buildings in Cormack and St. George’s Church was erected as a memorial to the World War II veterans.
The church was used for nearly 50 years and when a new church was built in 1997, Jean Burton bought the old building, adding it to her growing tourism business, then known as Rocky Brook Cabins.
Today The Church, with it’s high ceilings, modern décor and view of Rocky Brook, is a favorite for larger groups. It’s often the venue for small dinners and events for guests at Rocky Brook Acres.
|Maximum occupancy 6 guests||$299|
- Two large bedrooms
- Two full bathrooms
- Spacious living area
- Modern décor
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Children under age two stay free